I finally finished Lucy's geese

I put the last stitch into this quilt this morning and I am so pleased to have it finished so I can use it.
This quilt was inspired by Lucy of http://lucyquilting.blogspot.com/.
I found her blog about a year and a half ago and just loved it. I read every post back to 2005. I enjoy her blog so much, her quilts are all so very lovely and inspiring. Her Dec 27,2005 post had directions for this lovely 6 inch block with flying geese in it. I ran right out and bought the ruler I needed for it and got started.

When it came time to quilt it I just knew I had to handquilt it. I thought it would take forever to do but only 2 months later it is finished. It is the first quilt of this size that I have handquilted but it won't be the last. I enjoyed the handquilting of it just as much as the piecing.
So today I experimented with taking pictures of it - in the sun, in the shade... with my garden (you can just see my favorite foxgloves in the background :o)
This will be its resting spot for now. Here in my bedroom I can cozy up under it when reading a book, quilting magazine, or just dreaming...
Thank you Lucy! for all your inspiration - I just loved making this quilt.