stockings

I am feeling inspired after seeing Libby's stockings on her blog http://simplylibby.blogspot.com/
I have a goal to make a quilted stocking for each person in my family. Last year I managed to get these 2 made to match my tree skirt. If I can get 2 made this year then I'll only need to make 2 more next year and I'll be done.

My quilting guild learned to make these cute little bags this week. I made a handle for mine, and then forgot to sew it on - opps!
My DH has his truck engine all apart in the garage - putting in a new head gasket or something ... I should have a little more time to sew this week which is good because I promised to sew daughter #2 a halloween costume. She is very into the American Girl books/dolls and wants to dress up like Kirsten from 1854. Last year I made a Little House on the Prairie costume for daughter #1 so this will be my second go at making this pattern.
I am happy to work with nice - easy to sew cotton fabric and am relieved she didn't want a fairy or a mermaid costume :0)
Marcie at http://patchalotmore.blogspot.com has her new free Christmas pattern ready to go. I really like it - I'm hoping to get started on it this weekend. As always, so many sewing projects - so little time...