forgot my thread

I've been away on a family holiday in Hawaii. We had a wonderful time and now we are back to snow, cold, and winter for a few months.
I did get a small applique project ready to take with me to work on in the evenings after the kids were in bed. I was very busy getting everything ready for our trip but I did manage to pack my project bag with scissors, fabric, pins and needles but... I forgot to bring thread! I was so disappointed - a week with no sewing at all would be too much - lol. Then I examined my faithful friend - my pincushion. There mixed in with the pins and needles were a few strands of pink, green and yellow thread - hooray!I know that my pincushion is not a pretty sight but I've been using it since I was 8 and my mom taught me how to sew. She sewed this pincushion for me with leftover bits from a polyester pantsuit she made for me. Anyone remember those polyester pantsuits?? :0) Anyway - I can admire all the pretty little pincushions that other quilters make and use but I'm going to use this one until the polyester wears out.
Happy Quilting!!