dresser runner

Here is a new project. It's supposed to be a very cute little square table topper with appliqued borders - a cute, new little pattern from Marcie over at http://www.patchalotpatterns.com/ . I got 16 hourglass blocks together and set it on my dresser to admire and... I liked it there. So I made another 16 hourglass units and I think I need about 8 more plus an appliqued border at each end.
It's kind of a new dresser and it just needed a splash of color - oh and if my husband asks - its to protect the wood and paint from getting scratched. :0)
Sorry this picture is a bit dark - its a cloudy day here.
This morning at the LQS I found this fabric in the sale section - its perfect for backing my basket quilt. I did get the borders onto the quilt and I think it all went well. The bias edges behaved just fine. I'll get my husband to hold it up for a picture this weekend - its big!
Happy Quilting!!