new project

I had a really great time at my guild retreat. Good friends, good food and lots and lots of sewing!

I was so pleased to finish all 12 of these blocks for my ufo. I don't think I'd ever have finished them at home. Retreat was the perfect place to work on them. However, it was a bit distracting...
and I made a cutting mistake which led to running out of background fabric - and so I had to piece a few squares to use for hst's. I don't think it will be too noticeable once it's quilted.

So on the last day with my ufo blocks all finished I just had to start something new. I just love the Crowfoot block from the cover of Betsy Chutchian's "Gone to Texas" book. I've seen this block dozens of times before but done in the lovely scrappy colors Betsy chose I couldn't resist.

My version turned out a little bit too busy I think - but I'm having too much fun to tone it down now. :0)
Happy Quilting!!