star runner

I've been working a bit on this table runner I obviously did not finish before Christmas. :0)
The first picture is before top stitching.



The second picture shows the block after the 3D points have been top stitched down into curves. I was surprised at how much fun it was to do this stitching.
Now that the blocks are ready I now need to decide how to set them. My friend Pauline suggested that I post the options and see what you all think. I thought that was an excellent idea. So here are my 3 possibilities.
#1 set straight - side by side
#2 set on point, overlapping - wide (these are just laid out on the folded background fabric - I actually do have enough green fabric :0)
#3 Set on point, overlapping - narrower with the blocks trimmed.
I'm interested to hear your opinions! :0) After taking the pictures I 'm leaning toward #3.
Thanks a bunch!
Happy Quilting!!