double lines

I'm still working away at quilting my 4 block applique quilt. I basted this on July 1st last year never thinking it would take longer than a year to quilt. Those Bird of Paradise applique blocks have been a big distraction :0)
I decided to go with double parallel lines in the borders to try something new. They are 1/4" and 3/4" apart. I really like the texture that is created.


I decided to change the direction of the lines as I go around the corners. I got this idea from looking in books at the quilting of antique quilts. Here is the first corner. Together with the feathers it does make the corners a bit busy. Oh well - I'm learning :0)


The kids finished school for the summer yesterday. I suspect posts could be few for a couple months. I'm looking forward to a busy and fun summer!
Happy Quilting!!