end of summer

It's nearing the end of summer - it's been wildly busy but good. The kids start back to school on Thursday. Will there be more time to sew...? Probably not but I like to think so :0)



I did manage to get eggs in the nest for this pair of blackbirds. I did a lot of the sewing of this block in the van while travelling. It sure passes the time pleasantly!

I'm taking a short break from this Bird of Paradise quilt to work on a different applique project. It's a small project so it'll be a short break.





At the sewing machine, I made it to block #180 of these courthouse steps blocks. They very quickly became these 4 block units. It was so fun to do this step I'm sorry the stack of single blocks is gone.



Now to get the them into rows and sewn together. Do you suppose I could get this quilt finished entirely before winter? :0)



Happy Quilting!!