pink lemonade

Monday night I finished making the blocks for Lori's doll quilt-along Pink Lemonade. They were fun little blocks/partial blocks to sew.

When I went to choose fabrics for this quilt I chose first this pretty bird print by Renee Nanneman for the setting squares. I love this print - I have a big piece of it and I thought with a bit of fussy cutting I could center the birds in the setting squares. I want to use this print but... I think the blocks look boring on it now that I have them all sewn.

So I thought I would explore options.


I tried yellow like Lori's quilt. I like it but I'm not sure where I could use a quilt with this much yellow.

I like this one too.

This one is my favorite but the print is too modern for the look I was going for.



Plain brown is just too dark.

I'm stuck in indecision now. Maybe I'll have to take a trip to the LQS ... :0) What do you think?


Happy Quilting!!