finally some embroidery

 
Finally I have some Bird of Paradise blocks to post.  I have had this block appliqued for a few weeks.  I wanted to embroider the skipping rope before I posted it because the space looked so empty without it.  A friend came over Friday afternoon and provided the encouragement needed to get started.  Nearly all of these Bird of Paradise blocks need a bit of embroidery so it was good to make a start.  This block portrays DD#2 and DD#3.  I found enough pinks in my stash so they could both have pink dresses without matching  :0)  

This is my church block.  I was married in a church and every Sunday our family goes to church.  My faith is very important to me and I wanted to include a church on my quilt as a symbol of that. 

So now I have only 3 blocks left to complete and then on to the border.  If you can believe it - I don't have enough background fabric for the borders so the hunt is on to find something similar.  I have only myself to blame.  I was so eager to get started on this project and I thought I had a big enough piece.  I didn't measure it to be sure.  I won't be making that mistake again! 

Happy Quilting!!