corn and beans

I decided I had made enough of these blocks and it was time to sew them together.
Here is the result. I think I should have put pink in it :0) ... I'm missing pink. My last scrappy quilt had a lot of pink in it so I left it out of this one on purpose. I plan to put a border, a pieced zigzag border, and another border on it.

Also, I finally started making these little 9-patches as a leader and ender project. I'd been cutting 2 inch squares since last fall - just a couple from whatever fabric I had out. It is definately more fun than just using a little scrap to sew on over and over again. Christine over at http://onceuponaquilt.blogspot.com has a really lovely 9 patch quilt in her blog header. She's started a 9 patch block swap that makes me wish I lived in Australia :0) The blocks are going to be made with reproductions and I just love that.