back from holidays

I haven't posted for awhile because we went away on a family holiday. We went on a road trip to Seattle. We had beautiful weather and a wonderful time. I planned ahead for 2 quilt shop stops and enjoyed both very much. My family was very patient with me.
The first shop was The Buggy Barn. I was so pleased when I saw it was only 22 miles out of our way. The setting for this shop is wonderful - the countryside is so lovely there - it is surrounded by wheat fields and so much blue sky. It is a small building but they pack it full of wonderful fabric, patterns, and samples.
The second shop was in Des Moines just south of Seattle. I had seen this shop featured in APQ Quilt Sampler spring/summer 07. It was just like in the article. In addition to loads of lovely fabric they had wonderful books that you just don't see in Canada.
I just LOVE this book!!! Page after page of incredible antique quilts and stories about the women who made them. There is endless inspiration to be found here. Oh yeah - I bought some fabric too. :0)
This is the WIP project I brought along to work on - I didn't get much sewing done though. I posted the pattern for this on March 25. I'm not real happy with the orange or purple flowers so I will pick them off and try different fabrics. I am happy to be home now and eager to get sewing again.
Happy Quilting!!