a feathered finish

I finished my 9-patch quilt!


After looking through my books of antique quilts, I decided that the border didn't need any extra quilting around the feathers. I really enjoyed quilting the feathered border and I will definitely do it again.

I also really liked the silk batting. It was very nice to quilt through and made it easier to make small stitches. It is very lightweight but warm. I haven't tried washing it yet and likely I won't until after the quilt comes back from the quilt show at the end of May. I still have one more quilt to finish machine quilting for the same show - deadlines!!!

So I think I will use the silk batting again. Hopefully this week I can thread baste my 4 block applique quilt and get started on that. Already I miss having something to quilt in front of the tv in the evenings. NBA playoffs means basketball is on nearly every night around here. :0)
Happy Quilting!!