busy summer

Summer is going by way too fast! Last week we spent 4 lazy days on the beach in Kelowna which was wonderful. I wish it was a longer season...

Before I went away I managed to get the short sashing strips sewn onto my Crowfoot blocks. I'm liking how it looks but ... What am I going to do with a 70 inch square quilt? So I guess I need 9 more blocks to make it queen sized :0) Didn't this just happen with another quilting project? lol
They are such fun blocks to make so I'm sure it will go quickly. I will have to start repeating the fabrics in the large squares though.

I am still happily making these Courthouse steps blocks. At some point this is supposed to become a leader/ender project.

My girls and I were invited to a "Secret Garden" party. Last year's theme was "Little House on the Prairie" and my very talented friend made little quilts for all of the girls. You can see them here. This year she made these adorable aprons. There were 9 in all and no 2 alike! My girls just love them and so do I.

Happy Quilting!!