courthouse steps top

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments on my previous post! Your encouragement means a lot to me!
A few weeks ago my daughter and I went shopping for the border and backing fabrics for this quilt. I was sure I would get it together that week.... I finally got to it and here it is! (Most of it is showing :0) My very tall husband is standing on a chair and some of it still lays on the floor. It is a very long quilt. Hopefully this will help it stay tucked in at night - an important factor for the 10 year old who plans to sleep under it :0) I want to try free motion quilting this one. All of that length could be a bit of a challenge but there is no way I'm going to stitch this one in the ditch.


I love how warm it looks with all the gold and cheddar fabrics in it. These blocks were so fun to sew! I miss stealing away for a few minutes to sew up one more scrappy block. I really must start another scrappy project soon!

Happy Halloween!