Christmas sewing

 I finally got into the mood for some Christmas sewing.  I wanted a table runner for my dining room.  Last Sunday I started flipping through magazines and by this Sunday I had top made.  Here it is all pinned and ready for machine quilting.  I hope to be binding it by the weekend!
 I didn't have a pattern but the idea came from a picture in the Dec 2009 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting.  It's in an article about Renee Plains's Christmas decorating.  I love my stash of magazines. So many ideas - so little time...

 My DH brought home from work this enormous Christmas basket. I don't exactly know where it came from but we've been enjoying the treats.  Usually these gourmet items come in an actual basket which I save thinking I will fill it with something and decorate some little corner of the house. (somehow I never get around to it)  This year I was astounded at the size and sturdiness of this sleigh!  It was begging to be used.  I piled in my favorite Christmas quilt and the kids supplied the Teddy.
The quilt is a pattern of Marcie's of Patchalot Patterns.  It's her free Christmas pattern from 2008 and is still free on her website.  I may have to make another because now I have nothing for the coffee table.
I have no idea where I will store this huge sleigh after Christmas but I really like it!  :0)

Happy Quilting!!