My Mom's wallhanging

Last weekend DD#3 and I went to visit my Mom and Dad in Kelowna.  My Mom showed me this top she had completed.  I had helped her get it all cut on my last visit in the summer.  I think it is beautiful.  All of the fabrics she had picked up on trips to Holland and to Amish country in the USA.  The bright blue sashing I especially love - it reminds my mom of the pillowcases her family used when she lived in Holland as a girl.  She plans to quilt it this week.  Go Mom!!

I take back what I said about handquilting this top being a mistake  :0)   I've been enjoying it very much.  I haven't really planned where the circles go - I just mark them where they fit and keep going.  I've been staying nice and cozy under this quilt in the evenings.  I also work on my Vine quilt in the evenings. Panel #6 is progressing.

 
I've also been making more blocks for my zigzag quilt.  I've got 40 more blocks made and I'm still loving it! (still playing with the blocks too  :0)
 
Lori has another quiltalong that started today.  It's so hard to resist joining in - she chooses such great projects!  The doll quilt this time is very sweet. 
 
Happy Quilting!!