summer days

The summer is slipping by so quickly. I am enjoying my garden. Earlier this summer we had a couple bad hail storms that spoiled many of the flowers. But not these :0) I love Hollyhocks!
Do you get in a panic if you are away from home and run out of handwork to do? :0) We were away for a few days last week and I took this applique project along to work on - it's border panel #3. I finished all the applique that I brought with me and had to just sit idle. My fingers were just itching to get home and sew.
I've got border panel #4 all ready to go now. After that I have the corners to figure out. Then, I have at least 2 other applique projects I want to get started on - I don't have time to sit there with idle hands!! lol

This last picture is of the lovely fabric I won in a giveaway over at Vicki and Jan's blog What a load of Scrap. The package took nearly 3 weeks to get here - I think half of Canada Post must have been on holidays. Thanks so much Vicki and Jan!
Happy Quilting!!